Monday July 7th

A post from the past:)


east

i heard whispers from deep inside the birch tree.
i saw marvels beyond what my eyes could see.

i said prayers that were answered immediately by clouds.
i gave the bluebird a song to sing, and she played it loud.

the wind blew gifts from the gods onto me -
lyrics stung my heart, ideas washed my wings.

i went to the rooftop, i went into tunnels,
pushed in my footprints and read notes left by others.

today the sun is shining inside and out, 
as i lay me down to rest.
how strange this sense of beginning in this end.
this sense of east when i'm heading west.

words and photograph by nadya


I have to remind myself through all my challenges that there are 
no REAL endings and if I just focus on the light in the darkness 
the light begins to grow because it thrives on my attention. 
The more I look at my positives and what I have to be grateful 
for, the more they shine. 
The photo is of a spectacular bug we found lying on the ground 
in our house shortly after my dad passed away in 2002 so he 
has been in my bug collection for quite awhile!  
Hope everyone is really well. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, gorgeous, simple, spiritual, amazing, powerful ....the wonderful world of Wolf Studio.
    Truly your view and inspiration on life is just heart stopping.
    Hugs Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the poetic and deep nature of this post...it goes so well with the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wordsmith Niles. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete