ANSWERING DAWN

Saturday March 10th


Thanks for the food for thought Dawn over at At home with red!
A great way to get to know everyone.


THE RULES


*Post these rules
*Post 11 things about yourself
*Answer the 11 questions asked 
  by the person who tagged you
*Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
*Got to their blog to tell them they've been tagged


11 THINGS ABOUT ME:


1. I would like to ponder less on certain things 
(such as which 11 facts about me would be most 
brilliant or worthy to inform people about).
2. I will grab any opportunity to share photos......
3. These are my children....Vicky, Satine and Toulouse..





4. I have a fascination with bugs.....




5. I am lucky enough to have two nieces and a nephew....








6. I believe the universe is always communicating with 
us in many ways....




7. I am always writing on my hands....reminders, quotes etc...




8. I enjoy beer and making my own party favors...?!




9. I think music is the best form of elevation...




10. I believe in....




11. And that a decent life goal would be to....






MY ANSWERS TO DAWN'S QUESTIONS:


1. What does home mean to you? 
When I have a place of my own one day it will be a 
sanctuary, a place full of sunlight and nature. 
Where my surroundings allow me to just be myself 
and also inspire me to become more.


2. What is your favorite smell? 
I have an attraction to odd smells! Concrete, the air 
that comes out of vacuum cleaners, crayons... 
at the moment I love the smell of the 
biodegradable plastic bags from Target.


3. List 5 women that have influenced you. 
My mother - the epitome of unconditional love.
My Sister - my best friend.
Alanis Morrissette - cool.
My friend Suzanne - always out on a limb
yet ALWAYS smiling.


4. What is the one thing you would rather not do?
I would rather not cut and rake grass anymore. As much 
as I love being in the garden it would be nice for a change 
to have someone else tame my Mum's wild 3 acres!!


5. What music are you currently listening to?
I'm very predictable - any (mostly American) band or solo
artist with a voice, a guitar and a story to tell.....
Ryan Adams, John Mayer, The Jayhawks....
(ok, I really love Hanson)


6. What is your most memorable childhood experience?
Sitting at the top of our tallest birch tree, overlooking our 
neighborhood and feeling like I really understood that 
'I am in the world and the world is in me'


7. Who do you have a girl crush on?
No-one really but I think Rachel McAdams is gorgeous.


8. What would your perfect weekend consist of?
Experiencing something new. A new cafe, a new idea,
a new genius songwriter, a new thought, a new
level of awareness, a new pair of shoes.


9. Three places you would most like to visit?
Utah, The ice hotel in Sweden, Grand Canyon.


10. What is your biggest daydream?
The details of my future house.... I've spent a lot of
time on my front porch having an iced tea with
the cracked paint and autumn leaves on the deck!


MY 11 QUESTIONS :
(Cheated and stole some from the book 'If.... Questions for the soul')
by Evelyn Mcfarlane and James Saywell

1. If you were to name one book which has most 
touched your soul what would it be?
2. If you were to identify one thing you've always
been superstitious about what would it be?
3. Do you have a particular song or type of music which
you turn to when you are feeling down? A song that
elevates you and makes you feel alive?
4. If you could have someone famous read your
eulogy who would you like it to be?
5. If you were to receive a prize for one aspect of
your character what would you want it to be for?
6. If you were to give a one word answer to the
question why is life worth living what would it be?
7. If you were to name a time when your body and 
mind best worked together to make something 
happen when would it be?
8. What would you say is the biggest contributor in
life to looking and feeling good?
9. If you could name the seven wonders of your house 
what would they be?
10. If you were to propose that every person in the world
do one thing every day for 15 minutes to better the world, 
what would it be?
11. And of course.... if you could have any super hero
powers, which would you choose?


I would like to tag the following blogs : 


Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String
Beautiful Clutter
Autena - trinkets and treasures
Ruby Blooms
Mimi and Tilly

4 comments:

  1. hi nadya, what a great idea....loved learning about u - your gorgeous cats r just beautiful,the photos of them made me laugh, i love alanis morrissette too & i love that u write quotes on your hand....thanks for the tag - probably won't get to it til the weekend though. hope u have a great week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post - I LOVED your answers!
    Have a great one,
    ~ Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to find out more, love the that you added photos! Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess what! I'm planning a trip to Sweden this summer and am definitely going to visit the ice hotel. Hopefully I can take some photos to post.
    Thanks for tagging me -- I have to think about putting myself out there like this...
    SO cool to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete